June was an interesting sewing month for me, as I tried to figure out everything I needed to finish before packing away all of my fabric and sewing materials into boxes -- which, as of the time of this writing -- are still not yet unpacked.
Luckily, I was able to squeeze in my quilting bee commitments for the month before moving.
First, Darci asked for wonky star blocks for her month in the Bee Tweet bee, made from some cuts of Kona Grass and an assortment of bright scraps -- including some precious cuts of Heather Ross' Far Far Away II, which Darci asked us to use as the star centers.
I was able to make 2 blocks for Darci, and used a square from Modern Workshop by oliver + s as the center of the block on the left:
Over in the do.Good Stitches charity bee, Jenn asked for triangular log cabin blocks inspired by this quilt (fantastic quilt, BTW -- you should really click over to check it out!)
Keeping with Jenn's requested orange + aqua color scheme, I first made these blocks ...
... which look great, but weren't yet cut to size when I took the picture. After trimming them down, I was afraid that the outer border was waaaaay too narrow and in danger of getting lost in the seam allowance, so I made two more: