I was very happy with the way this quilt turned out. By far, I think it's the most well-constructed quilt I've made yet. The binding felt nice and tight with no blunders this time!
I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been trying to make sure I try something new or learn something with each of these little swap quilts that I make. This time, I wanted to try a few new things:
1) to make something rectangular rather than square.
2) to pick out fabrics and design the quilt based solely on my partner's preferences. Becky said she really liked greens and purples. I probably never would have bought this fabric and put it all together for myself, but once I started picking it out I got very excited. And I think the final product is pretty charming!
3) to make and use a pieced backing and a pieced binding! I really enjoyed using both of these techniques, and I think the binding turned out especially well.
Have a great weekend, everyone!