Is anyone else doing the Designer Mystery Block of the Month from the Fat Quarter Shop? I signed up for it along with my wife and my mom -- I thought it would be a fun thing for the three of us to do together. We got our first package this week. The fabric is the new Peace on Earth holiday line and it looks reeeeally nice. These should be some nice looking blocks ... and I think I can handle one block per month!
Trying to catch up on a few things from the past few weeks. First, the wonderful Tine from Denmark (aka Sodeste) gave me an Arte y Pico award. I have to be honest -- I can't read Spanish so I have no idea what the site says, and I certainly hope that I am not promoting something that I shouldn't be promoting! But I am sure Tine wouldn't mislead me ... so thanks, Tine!
I'm supposed to "pay it forward", so here are a few people whose blogs and work are always inspiring me:
- Jacquie from Tallgrass Prairie Studio
- Miss Bettyninja
- A mystery lady known only as "Blondie"
- Nicole (and Ozzie) at Sister's Choice Quilts
- And finally Susan (aka Chickenfoot), the hostess with the mostest
I feel kind of like I'm sending along a chain letter (which I never do), so please feel free to ignore me if you think it's rude!
If not, here are the rules:
- Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
- Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.
- Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
- The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
- Please post these rules!
Finally, Devida over at Bubba Chic (another deserving recipient of the above award!) tagged me with one of those question and answer things (aren't they called memes or something?). Anyhow, here are the rules for this one:
- Link the person who tagged you
- Mention the rules in your blog
- Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours
- Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them
Six quirks? That's a hard one. I'll try my best:
- My favorite thing for lunch, hands down, is a homemade peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Still just as good with a glass of cold milk as it was when I was a kid.
- I am REALLY good at standardized tests. I don't think it's too much of a measure of how smart a person really is, but just whether or not the person's a good test taker. I guess I am: I got near-perfect scores on both my SAT and GMAT.
- I HATE eating in the car. I don't know why ... it's just one of those things. I only eat in the car when absolutely necessary, and some people hate road-tripping with me because we have to stop for all meals.
- My t-shirts have to be folded perfectly. I had a part-time job at the Gap in college and, ever since, I fold every single t-shirt "the GAP way". So much so that I will unfold and re-fold all the t-shirts that my wife puts away. It drives her nuts. (OCD, anyone? :)
- Wow, this is tough. OK, I am right handed but also wear my watch on my right hand ... which is typically where lefties wear their watch. That's quirky, right?
- I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, but North Carolina is certainly becoming part of me. How do I know? I LOVE good old fashioned southern sweet tea. And if you've never had it, it is just amazing. I am addicted. (Oh, and lately I've also been pretty addicted to Cherry Limeades from Sonic ... one just opened near our house).
OK, six more people to tag?? This chain letter similarity thing is bothering me too much, so I am just going to put it out there to anyone reading and say: have at it if you are so inclined!
Whew, feels good to have finally completed those two things! There's that OCD again ...